Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wrapping the little cakes



I baked brownies because my daughter was going on a small trip with her friend's family.  I wanted to give them something to eat on the road.  
If it was for us to bring along, I'd just put them in a tupperware.  But that's not cute nor inviting.  
When I bake, I do everything from scratch and spend good amount of time, so I want to make sure that will be eaten.  Therefore, I'd like to present the goods more nicely.

Recently when I brought mini cakes to friend's house, I used a basket form farmer's market.  Whoever picked the bluish green for the basket has a great sense in colors.  Colors of fruits stand out so well against the green.  My mini cakes had red and purple form raspberries and blackberries, I thought it was great box to use.




I wrapped the whole thing with wax paper and a ribbon.  It was ready to be a little gift.  
I like show what's inside.  Because it feels more casual.  It's not a fancy present so it shouldn't be so pretentious.

I wished if I had the box.  That could be thrown away easily and nice looking.  But farmers usually recycle them, so I rarely get to have them.  
I wanted to put the brownies in a open box so it's easy to grab and also visible.  But I wanted the brownies individually wrapped, so if they don't eat some of them, they still keep.  And the box has to be something disposable do they don't need to worry about returning it to me.

So I decided to make a basket with a brown paper bag.  I wrapped the brownies with wax paper and cooking string.  It's not too fancy but more inviting than plastic wrap.





This is how:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...